Clive and Pat Granger
married on 6 August 1955 at All Saints Church, Belvedere.
On Sunday, 9 August, everyone at St Mary’s, Storrington, celebrated Clive and Pat's Diamond Wedding Anniversary and they had the pleasure of having their children at the service.
They met as junior clerk and secretary at a firm of solicitors in London when aged 17 and 16 years old.
After National Service Clive eventually joined the Crawley Development Corporation and was involved in the development of the new town, and on 6 August 1955 they were married in All Saints Church, Belvedere, Abbey Wood.
On completing a Diploma in Municipal Administration, Clive's final job was in the Education Department of the Union NALGO (now UNISON) eventually becoming Assistant Education Officer.
They happily settled in Crawley and in due time Mark, Stephen, Ann and Emma arrived. While the children were growing up Clive trained as a Church of England Reader and was licensed in 1962. His ministry was principally based at Worth where the family worshipped at the time. He also, through private study, gained a Bachelor of Divinity in 1969.
When they moved to Gossops Green Clive was a Reader at St Albans. In addition to caring for her family Pat was also involved for many years in voluntary work, transporting people from the Crawley area to hospital and also organizing the Christian Aid collections, and, of course, as here, helping distribute the church magazine.
Clive and Pat moved to Storrington in 1992, dividing their church affiliation between Storrington and Sullington. They love reading, music, gardening and Clive is a keen woodworker. They also enjoy their extended family which includes five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Congratulations, Pat and Clive, on your Diamond Celebration.